Friday, March 25, 2011

blog 10

What do you think you have learned in terms of writing skills?

Well I can honestly say the easies thing for me has been creating a summary. Within learning this I realize what I was doing wrong. I was adding my own opinions in my summary, which I clearly know now that is wrong now. Thesis statement, I kind of think I have the hang of it. I can say I do get the concept of what a thesis statement is. Now paragraphing, I now what consist of a paragraph. The topic sentence, sentences that develop the topic, sticking to one point (what the topic sentence is about) and being clear about what you write. Now rather or not I can put that all together to create a good essay is another story. I feel at times when I’m writing I tend to ramble on and lose focus of the main point.

What proves that you have learned what you say you have learned?

The practice and discussion we had in class on summarizing easily helped me to recognize what I did wrong on the CAT test and I feel when we did the practice my writing skills over all may not have been at its best but I know that I did not put my own opinion in my summary.

What of the material we have covered is still unclear or confuses you?

I don’t feel I don’t understand the material; I just feel I have a hard time developing them, writing my thoughts down in the correct format


Would you say that overall you feel more confident about your understanding of basic writing skills, less confident, or about the same as when we started class? What makes you feel this way?

I wouldn’t say that I don’t understand the basic writing skill but I do feel a little less confident in my writing only because I see now how many mistake I was making in my writing. But I definitely can say I don’t feel the same as when I started this class because I have learned a whole lot cant say I get it all but I know it’s a learning process.

Anything else I should know about?

No I think I pretty much covered it, but thanks for asking.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest and useful answer! Now we know that what you need is practice.

    ReplyDelete